I have Patreon nonse happening today. I have PLNs to go out and acquire brushes. I have further shenanigans involving tax nonsense because nothing is ever, ever easy around here.
It went like this:
- Attempt to get Mayhem's paperwork in order so that he can get job with help
- Realise we need tax BS done
- Wait a while for Beloved to get that sorted
- Ask politely if they've got it sorted
- B: "No, you have to make the appointment."
Me: "Me? With whom? I don't have any details."
B: "Sure you do, they send you mail about the super fund."
Me: "Do we file our taxes with Agent S?"
B: "Just email them and make an appointment."
- Agent S is on holidays until January
- Also the email address they have as me on file stopped working a while back and Beloved's not fixing it any time soon
- I email Agent S and wait for their date back
- Radio silence
- I email them again and politely inquire as to what's up and when can the appointment happen
- Radio silence
- I ring them [Big Stress] and sort out that the file email is not working and give them an alternate
- Everything hunky and dory. Ask Beloved when they want appointment with Agent S to do the taxes at freaking last
- B: "Why would we need an appointment with Agent S? Agent S doesn't do our taxes."
Me: "I asked you that but you said make the appointment."
B: "No I didn't."
Me: D:< "Well I don't have any other details and these are the only mob that email me, so IDK what else to do."
B: (rummage rummage) "You need to make an appointment with Agent C."
- I have a meltdown
We could have saved THREE MONTHS of shenanigans if (a) Beloved fixed my primary email like months ago, (b) Beloved answered my questions about Agent S, or (c) I remembered a single thing about any of our tax nonsense.
So once I'm done with storytime and excursion shenanigans, I must unearth Agent C and get into contact with them. Obviously telling them to reply to my stopgap email.
The news as it's filtered to me:
- Reddit is plotting to squeeze all the shorts
- Musk encourages this
- Muppet's trying for the four D's
- Australia's headed for zero plague, except for WA
Beloved gave me the "you're capable" speech and... fuck... it's gonna end in tears again.