I did some experimentation last night, based loosely around this video recipe for frozen chocolatey treats we Keto-cooks call "fat bombs".
The result has a definite buttery undertaste and I'm wondering if it would work better with cocoa butter instead of the regular dairy butter.
BUT... if you're on Keto and craving a little of that lovely winter warmer, here's the Alpha version:
Hot Keto Chocolate V1.0
- 1 Microwave
- 1 Mug
- 1 Teaspoon minimum [people who don't want to wash up during the process can use two]
- ~2tbsp butter
- ~8g your best available dark chocolate bits
- ~1/4 cup pure cream
- Sweetener of choice to taste
- Almond milk to fill the cup
- Keep in mind that this author hasn't quantified everything as of yet and let your conscience be your guide
- Place butter in the bottom of the mug
- Layer chocolate bits carefully on top [prevents burning!]
- Microwave for 30 seconds or until you hear the butter popping
- Stir until your chocolate bits are melted and the whole mess is homogenised
- If mix is still warm, add cream, otherwise microwave for another 10 seconds and then add the cream
- Stir in the cream and sweetener if you like sweetener. The chocolate mix will pretty much instantly thicken and look like it's about to set. Do not panic. If it gets too stiff, microwave it again for 10-20 seconds.
- Microwave it again for 10 seconds before adding the almond milk
- Stir well
- At this point, your beverage will be FROSTY COLD, so this recipe can double as an iced chocolate, too, if you like it like that
- Microwave for one minute or until comfortably warm
Serves one Ketogenic soul with frosty fingers.
I shall be experimenting this evening with cocoa butter instead of the regular dairy, this evening. If it's better than this one, you will definitely hear about it.
This one was pretty much an instant hit with Chaos. Mayhem has yet to detect its presence and I'm not entirely certain he even likes hot chocolate. Whatever.
Now all we need to do is figure out Keto Marshmallows, and we'll be set.