Artsy Fartsy part 3!
Making things is sometimes a learning process. I learned a lot, today.
- The silhouettes I got were not reversable and they did not match the finings quite right
- I had to use two rings to get them to hang properly
- I really prefer not to mess with the loops of these finings as they are often super-breakable. It’s easier to mess with the rings, as they’re made for that nonsense
- The beginnings of the ‘wind chime’ earrings. The straight pieces from the necklace were wont to slide off the pins, much to my annoyance
- I went through much pain and anguish getting four matched lengths of tiny-guage chain. It is WAY easier to measure and cut than to try and pry those little bastards open
- When lined up in 'order’ they don’t look like wind chimes
- I must have lined them up like this a bajillion times
- When rigging larger pieces to a pin, make sure those pieces can’t slide off the other side
- And make sure they’re all facing the same way
- Getting the other side on was more trouble than you’d believe
And yes, the finished wind chime earrings make a semi-musical tinkle as they move. My dear recipient shall have music wherever she goes, wearing those.